Monday 15 May 2017

Chickpea Curry



Chickpeas have become a staple in my house. Before I gave up meat I didn't really eat Chickpeas and know what I could do with them. I soon found out all the ways you can add them to your diet. I wanted to eat a lot of protein and When I found out 1/4 of a cup of them is equivalent to 1oz of meat I literally stocked up. The good thing is they only cost 50p from Tesco.

Being brought up eating meet I used to always eat curry especially chicken curry and my all time favourite was Jamaican curry chicken. Caribbean food is one of the best kind of foods. The flavours are just so mouthwatering. So I wanted to recreate this curry chicken without meat. It super easy and super quick to make. It fills you up and has the flavours of curry chicken so you feel like you're eating the curry chicken.

The ingredients you will need are
1 can of chickpeas
1 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
1 onion
4 table spoons of medium curry powder (dunns river one)
3 Cloves of garlic
1 can of coconut milk
1 sprig of thyme
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp of ketchup
   pinch of salt

1. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a pan then add in your crushed garlic and diced onion. Saute until onion turns soft.
2. Add the curry powder and cumin seeds and stir in for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes cut in half, coconut milk, Chickpeas drained and washed,  thyme, 1 tsp of black pepper and a pinch of salt and ketchup.
4. Bring to the boil then turn hear down and simmer for 15-20 mins.
5. Add more seasoning if needed you can taste it along the way.
Serve with coconut rice and Avocado or salad

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment