Tuesday 30 May 2017

Healthy Vegan Dinner




Hello everyone,

I have been creating some really quick, healthy vegan dinners that I wanted to share with you all. A lot of you are starting the 30 day healthy challenge so I thought I can help inspire some of you. Sometimes we are too busy to cook but we want to eat something nourishing and healthy. You still can! It can take up to 30 mins to throw something together. The key is prepping. Anything you do in the kitchen you should prep. If you are using a lot of vegetables that need peeling and chopping then do that first. Get the herbs and spices ready and cook a big portion so you can have some left over for the next day. Plan your week of eating so that everyday you know exactly what you need to make the food and set times of the day that you can make it. Get your self a black chalk board to help you plan. I usually cook dinner around 4pm on my days off and 6pm on the days I work. Of course on my days off I will cook something that takes a bit longer but after work I have 0 energy so I need easy and quick meals.

In the picture above I made Raosted Butternut squash, Quinoa and Avocado.

It took no longer than 30-40 mins.

Butternut Squash

Peel it and cut it into wedges or squares. Season with salt and black pepper and drizzle over some oil. I used rapeseed oil. Then place in a roasting tray in the oven on 220 degrees for 30-40 mins,

Quinoa

Add 100g of Quinoa in a pot and add 400 ml of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 15mins or still all of the water has absorbed.

Add 1 can of black eyed beans to a pan with some oil, red onion and 3 coves of garlic. Season with cayenne pepper and a pinch of oink Himalayan salt. Heat on medium heat and stir fir around 20mins.

Once the quinoa is cooked add it to the beans then add a handful of raisons and mix it all together.

Serve with a Avocado or a salad.

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment