Saturday 3 June 2017

Vegan Chilli Con Carne




Hey everyone,

I have had a lot of people ask me what I eat and if I miss eating meat. The answer is no lol I have recreated most meat recipes without the meat but with the flavour still there. Its really simple when you find an alternative that works. I really fancied a chilli con carne the other day so I came up with this recipe. Its exactly how you would make a meat chilli con carne but with chickpeas. The flavour is there and the consistency. It's literally mouth watering. You can make it as hot as you like I didn't go too crazy with the chilli as my 2 kids ate this as well. I hope you like it. Comment and let me know if you tried it.

You will need
Coconut oil/ Rapeseed Oil
3 Tbs Tomato Puree
4 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Of Paprika
1 Tsp of Chilli's
2 Cups of Baby Tomatoes
1 Can Of Chopped Tomatoes
2 Can Of Chick Peas
2 Tbs of Mustard seeds
1 Onion
Pinch of Salt
 Black Pepper

3 or 4 Sweet Potatoes

Method

Preheat oven to 180
Wash and pierce Sweet Potatoes, place on a tray. Drizzle over some oil and put in the oven for 30 mins

Add Some oil to a pan Add garlic and Onion for sauce for a minute until soft
Add seasoning and Mustard seeds and stir for another minute 

Add Tomatoes, Chopped Tomatoes, Chickpeas, Salt and Pepper and simmer for 15 minutes  

Once the Sweet Potatoes are ready add the chilli to one and serve with a side salad 












No comments:

Post a Comment