Friday 5 May 2017

How I changed my diet

Hey Everyone

As you may know I have changed my diet by cutting out processed foods and meat. I have gone from not caring what I eat to being extremely aware of what I feed my body. Growing up I have always eaten junk food and was raised to eat meat. After doing a lot of research and speaking to people about being vegan, vegetarian, Pescatarian etc I had decided to change my eating habits. I learnt that people with hormonal acne had cleared their skin from cutting out meat, dairy and gluten. I studied this for a while and realised that there was a lot of evidence behind these claims. Not only were people clearing their skin but they said they felt better from the inside out meaning they had more energy and less brain fog! 

So how did I give up meat and dairy? 

Its not easy at first. I struggled to find good alternatives. I am quite good at sticking to something if I form a good routine but I was a bit lost and didn't know what to cook. I started off with finding lentil curry dishes as this was comforting and easy to make. I knew that I had to get my protein in so I was searching for protein foods. I stuck to 1 or 2 dishes for the first few weeks as it was easy to make and I was getting used to the change. I then got easily bored as you can imagine and I found out about Deliciously Ella and her amazing informative cookbooks. This literally changed my life. I discovered so many different recipes and ingredients that I had never before tried. I started cooking different vegan recipes everyday and before I knew it I hadn't eaten meat for like 2 months. 9 Months down the line I still haven't eaten meat. I have replaced it with some really enjoyable meals. I have also replaced dairy milk with oat, coconut and rice milk. I don't eat cheese and I have replaced sugar with Honey and Coconut sugar. My main protein sources are Beans and Lentils. I have a lot of good fats such as Avocado and I still eat carbs but I have replaced white rice and pasta with brown and I eat sweet potatoes more than white potatoes. If I fancy something sweet I use cacao powder to make raw brownies etc.

I feel so so so much better. My energy levels have increased, my skin is glowing, my hair and nails have got stronger. I and so happy I have made this changed and I can control what I eat. I look at food differently now and the more time that goes on the more I learn about different ingredients. I keep my self motivated by looking at lots of vegan cookbooks, Instagram feeds and speaking to people who are vegan. My ultimate goal is to have a plant based diet. I have a link to Deliciously Ella cookbook on my page in the sidebar.


Below are some examples of what I eat.






No comments:

Post a Comment