Tuesday 9 May 2017

Cocao Breakfast Bars

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I wake up excited to know I will eat lol. When I have more time my hands and not running around like a headless chicken I usually make a vegetable fry up or avocado on toast but sometimes time just gets the better of me and I find my self leaving the house without eating breakfast which isn't good for my mood I get real hangry as they would say. I end up grabbing something from Waitrose that doesn't fill me up and feel starve before lunch time.
I decided to experiment and see what I could make that would be healthy and quick to make. I came up with these Oat Cacao bars.

They are so simple with only a few ingredients and no need to bake. You must store them in the fridge as at room temperature they will go soft and crumbly.

Ingredients
1 cup of oats
1cup of ground almonds
2 Tablespoons of Raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 of a cup of coconut oil

Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan on low heat until all melted. Add the mixture to a baking tray and press down so its all compact and even then place in the freezer for about an hour to set. Once set remove, cut into squares or bars then store in a container in the fridge.

I hope you enjoy these.

Please send me ay feedback and tag me in picture if you make them on my Instagram.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment